A property owner or landlord owns a rental property but it is a tenant’s home.
Tenants should make sure a property matches their needs and lifestyle before signing a tenancy agreement.
They should also read the agreement and any special terms carefully before signing it and paying any monies.
- Is the property the right size?
- Is it in the right location for work and social activities?
- Is it suitable for pets or children?
- Can you maintain the property? (e.g. can you look after a pool, or large garden?)
- Does the property have the facilities you need? (e.g. does it have a broadband connection? If not, can it be added and who will pay for these services to be made available?)
- Will you have to pay for water usage?
- In a rural property will you need to refill the water tank in dry weather?
- Will there be additional costs for occasional garden maintenance? (e.g. disposing of green waste, tree pruning)
- In a caravan park, will there be extra site costs?
- If there are gas bottles, will they be filled at the start of the tenancy and will a receipt be provided?
- Does the property have the level of security you require? (e.g. screens on windows)
There are services that may help you choose a suitable rental property.
For more information Click Here