You’ve got the rental home you fell head over heels for, so what next?
Well, for starters you can now kiss rental applications goodbye – and no more going to property inspections. Hello weekends!
You’re not quite off the hook just yet though… There are a few things you need to sort out before you can move in and start arranging your cushions and pot plants.
Here, our stupendous Kween of Rentals gives you the lowdown on what you need to do to be move-in ready.
Kween of Rentals’ top tips
- Set up all the necessary utilities: gas, electricity and water before moving day – you’re going to need a nice hot shower and a cold glass of bubbles after wrangling those boxes around. Delegating is hard work too, right?
- Decide on an internet provider and open an account as soon as you’ve been accepted. This isn’t the ’90s. darlings
- Hire decent removalists (or bribe your friends…)
- Change your address for your snail mail. You never know someone (okay, probably your mum) may send you a ‘new home’ card – with a stamp and everything
- Fill out and submit your condition report. You’ve got three days. Don’t forget to take photos (of the house and fittings and fixtures my loves, we’re not talking selfies here). And remember, your bond is your key to your next house so make sure you get it bond back
- Get yourself some renters insurance. Especially if you live on the ground floor and have nice big windows and a thing against curtains.
Click Here for more information